Park Reservation Permit
- Park Use applicants must be 18+ years old.
- Applications must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to your event date and can be made up to 6 months in advance. Plan ahead as our parks can fill up fast!
- Park reservations do not include the use of sports fields or adjacent facilities, which may simultaneously be occupied by other permitted groups.
- Please have your permit accessible on the day of the event.
- Park use permits are not allowed for Portwood Pier Plaza. We have designated beach locations, no permitting is available outside of the designated areas.
- A computer kiosk is available at City Hall to complete the application if needed.
|Fee Item||Cost (subject to change)|
|Application Processing Fee||$75|
|Daily Park Rental (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)||$25 residents | $50 nonresident|
|Air Jump||$25 residents | $42 nonresident|
|Sound Amplification (battery powered only)||$36|
|Tent Structure (more than 200 square feet total)||$200|
View the park rules and regulations page.
You must be at least 18 years old to reserve a park or obtain a permit for City of Imperial Beach Parks & Beach. Be sure to bring your permit with you on the day of your event. Parks & Recreation staff may request this document at any time during your event.
Approved Service Vendors
- All event services are required to have a City of Imperial Beach business license and fulfill our insurance requirements. This includes air jump companies, food trucks/carts, etc.
- All event services must be pre-approved and added to your reservation at least 7 business days in advance.
- Slides that exit on the outside of an air jumper are required to have a stopper that is attached to the jumper.
- Air Jump generators cannot have any other device plugged into them. Additional generators are allowed, as long as they are not placed directly on the grass (on a piece of wood, etc) and they are not refueled on the grass.
Interested in becoming a park-approved service provider?
A City of Imperial Beach Business License, Certificate of Insurance, and Additional Insured Form CG2026 (PDF) are required. If you'd like to become an authorized vendor for services such as air jumps and other similar vendor services, please contact us.
View a list of approved service vendors.
- View reservable locations on our Park Reservation Map. Please check the venue availability calendar before requesting a location. Although we do our best to keep the calendar updated, the location requested may already be reserved and not yet added to the calendar.
- Create an Account if you have not submitted an online application with the City of Imperial Beach previously. If you already have an account proceed to the next step.
- Submit a Park Reservation Application. After you submit your application staff will contact you within 72 hours for any additional information and to provide instructions for the next steps. If you have not received a response from staff within 5 days, please feel free to reach out regarding your application.
- Go online to pay any required fees.
- Once all fees are paid a permit will be issued.
- View reservable locations on our Park Reservation Map. Check the venue availability calendar to see what spots have not been reserved. Although we do our best to keep the calendar updated, the location requested may already be reserved and not yet added to the calendar.
- Fill out the application in advance (optional)
You can print and fill out the application to bring with you
Park Reservation Application
- Come to the Parks, Recreation & Community Services office for staff assistance
The hours of operation for the office are:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
or by appointment
Please note the office is closed on all City holidays.
1075 8th Street
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
- Reservation cancellation requests need to be made in writing to the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department.
- Cancellations made 7 or more days in advance from the event date will receive a refund less the application fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 7 days in advance from the event date.
- All changes to an existing reservation must be made 7 or more days in advance.
- Please allow up to 30 days for all refunds.
- All security deposits for park reservations will be automatically refunded and do not need to be requested. Security deposits will be held if any of the park rules or regulations are violated.
- Credit card and online processing fees are non-refundable.