- Parks & Recreation
- Special Events
- Apply for a Permit
- Beach & Park Cleanups
Beach & Park Cleanups
Where can I have my beach or park cleanup?
We have designated areas on the beach where we allow permits, with some locations restricted during certain times of the year. We do not permit cleanups at Pier Plaza. You must choose one of the designated locations.
* Central Beach is not permitted Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
- Veterans Park
- Sports Park
- Reama Park
- Rose Teeple Park
- Dunes Park
Please check our availability calendar before choosing a date for your cleanup.
Please provide a layout map of where your cleanup will be located and any equipment that will be set up. Map Templates.
- View reservable locations on our Beach Reservation Map.
- Check reservation availability on our new online registration program. DO NOT SUBMIT A RESERVATION ONLINE
- Submit a Beach & Park Cleanup Application. After you submit your application staff will contact you within 72 hours for any additional information. If you have not received a response from staff within 5 days, please feel free to reach out regarding your application. Insurance will be required so please attach to application when submitting.
- View reservable locations on our Beach Reservation Map. Check park reservation availability on our new online registration program
- Fill out the application in advance (optional)
You can print and fill out the application to bring with you
Beach & Park Cleanup Application
- Come to the Parks, Recreation & Community Services office for staff assistance
The hours of operation for the office are:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
or by appointment
Please note the office is closed on all City holidays.
1075 8th Street
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
All applicants and partners of your cleanup must provide a certificate of commercial general liability and a separate Additional Insured Endorsement designating “City of Imperial Beach”.
The applicant may also be asked to provide other insurance as deemed necessary to address the risk associated with the event.
Minimum policy limits are generally $2 million aggregate and $1 million per occurrence. Each policy and endorsement must include the City of Imperial Beach, its officials, directors, employees, representatives, and volunteers as additionally named insured. If your event will be held on the beach, the Port of San Diego must also be listed as additionally insured. Insurance coverage must be primary and maintained for the duration of the event including set-up and dismantle dates and times. The applicant and all contracted service providers that have paid employees must also submit proof of Workers' Compensation Insurance with a minimum policy limit of $1 million.
Summary of Requirements
Certificate of Insurances
All Certificates of Insurance must name as the Additional Insured: The City of Imperial Beach, its officials, directors, employees, representatives, and volunteers. (Must also include Unified Port of San Diego if held on the beach, Pier Plaza, and/or Dunes Park.)
Additional Insured Endorsements
Additional Insured Form CG2026 (PDF)
All separate additional Insured Endorsements must name, The City of Imperial Beach, its officials, directors, employees, representatives, and volunteers. (Must also include Unified Port of San Diego if held on the beach, Pier Plaza, and/or Dunes Park.)