- Beach ceremony applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Applications must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to your event date and can be made up to 6 months in advance.
- Please have your permit accessible on the day of the event.
- Beach ceremonies are permitted in designated areas of the beach only.
- Beach ceremonies are restricted to a four hour timeframe, including setup and strike.
- Permits may be requested between 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- A computer kiosk is available at City Hall to complete the application if needed.
|Fee Item||Cost (subject to change)|
|Application Processing Fee||$150|
|Daily Rental||$25 resident | $50 nonresident|
|Sound Amplification (battery powered only)||$36|
- Beach Ceremony Spots
- Apply Online
- Apply in Person
- Cancellations, Adjustments, & Refunds
- Insurance Requirements
We have designated areas on the beach for beach permits. We do not allow beach permits on any other location on our beach.
Beach Reservation Map
- Make your reservation online through our new registration program
- Once all fees are paid and staff approves the reservation, a permit will be issued.
- View reservable locations on our Beach Reservation Map.
- Check reservation availability on our new online registration program.
- Come to the Parks, Recreation & Community Services office for staff assistance
The hours of operation for the office are:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
or by appointment
Please note the office closed on all City holidays.
1075 8th Street
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
- Reservation cancellation requests need to be made in writing to the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department.
- Cancellations made 7 or more days in advance from the event date will receive a refund less the application fee.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 7 days in advance from the event date.
- All changes to an existing reservation must be made 7 or more days in advance.
- Please allow up to 30 days for all refunds.
- All security deposits for park reservations will be automatically refunded and do not need to be requested. Security deposits will be held if any of the park rules or regulations are violated.
- Credit card and online processing fees are non-refundable.
If you will be utilizing any equipment such as arches, chairs, tables, etc., then you will need to provide a Certificate of Insurance, and Additional Insured Form CG2026 (PDF).
If you will not be using any equipment then insurance is not needed.
Any applicant utilizing Sea180 for event coordination will not need to provide insurance.
- All event services are required to have a City of Imperial Beach business license and fulfill our insurance requirements. This includes event management companies, photographers, equipment rental, florists, etc.
- All event services must be pre-approved and added to your reservation at least 7 business days in advance.
Interested in becoming a service provider?
A City of Imperial Beach Business License, Certificate of Insurance, and Additional Insured Form CG2026 (PDF) are required. If you'd like to become an authorized vendor for services please contact us.